Helping you survive modernity in a world of change
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Feedback on the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
James from Linkedin

PostSubject: Feedback on the Forum   17.03.17 10:11

You have the possibility of an interesting site in time Asia Teacher. I hope it grows and I enjoy reading the posts. Just out of interest, do you think the chances of personal success in the west are diminishing and how do you see the future?
Back to top Go down
John V Asia Teacher
John V Asia Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on the Forum   17.03.17 15:03

James from Linkedin wrote:
You have the possibility of an interesting site in time Asia Teacher. I hope it grows and I enjoy reading the posts. Just out of interest, do you think the chances of personal success in the west are diminishing and how do you see the future?

Welcome James and I’m glad you enjoy reading the articles.

LinkedIn contains its fair share of upbeat hopefuls and fantasists. Those following every word of 'influencers' (none of whom started up in a recession), or those influenced by get rich quick tips (usually leading to a sales website), or the mainstream media, with its tales of low unemployment and future political promises. The only ones doing well out of all this are the politicians, bankers and the multi-national corporations; by coincidence or design?

Since the start of the continuing 2008 recession and despite the upbeat political rhetoric, it’s been downhill all the way since and it doesn’t look like it’s going to end anytime soon. How do you emerge from a huge recession with an ever increasing government dependent population, few heavy industries left and heavily in debt? Rhetorically, in the US print more money; in the UK hope interest rates don’t rise and in the EU, pretend it isn’t happening. The only things massively increasing are poverty and welfare statistics. The last time all this happened at this magnitude was in the 1930s and that was followed by war.

I think that if someone is employed, can afford their mortgage payments, eat well, have adequate medical care and afford a holiday now and again, plus still be able to save a little from their salary; they’re probably already in the top financial 10% of the western population.

Feedback on the Forum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Change My World :: Guest Posting :: Post Here No Registration Required-